Narcotic Detection Dogs
Narcotic Detection dogs are trained to detect the presence of controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine, and heroin. These dogs are trained to find these substances in various locations such as vehicles, luggage, mail packages, cargo, residence, and businesses.
Other detector dogs (explosives, search, and rescue, cadaver, arson dogs, etc.) are also selected for their intensity, drive and compatibility. Narcotic Detection Dogs can be trained in passive or aggressive alerts.
There will be a total of three types of searches conducted:
- Vehicle search
- Building or residential search
- Parcel search ( may include luggage, envelope, boxes etc.)
The searches will include the following narcotics
- Cocaine or Crack Cocaine
NOTE: ANY TEAM WISHING TO CERTIFY IN ANY OTHER NARCOTIC MUST NOTIFY THE HOSTING AGENCY IN WRITING TEN DAYS PRIOR TO CERTIFICATION.
All narcotics will be tested for quality prior to certification and pseudo- narcotics will not be used in the certification. All of the tests hides will be at least 5 grams in weight, not to exceed 100 grams. The narcotics will be hidden in practical areas and allowed to age for (30) thirty minutes prior to the first team’s test. During the test, only the handler and the evaluators will be allowed in the search area. In each of these searches, enticement articles such as food, soiled clothing, empty plastic bags, etc. may be used to thoroughly test the dog’s ability. The dog must make the alert obvious to the evaluators and as close to the hide as possible.
There will be a total of eight possible indications of narcotics during the test. The dog must be able to locate a minimum of seven hides in order to achieve certification, or three out of four tested. One false indication during the certification will be evaluated as a failure to locate. Two false indications will result in the failure of the entire narcotics certification. Dog teams will be given certification for the type of narcotics located, provided. Each dog team will have separate sets of vehicles, rooms, and parcels for the narcotics detection.
- There will be a total of eight vehicles used. These may be of various sizes and models.
- There will be four test hides concealed in the vehicle.
- There will be two enticement articles hidden during the test.
- Two vehicles will remain clean of any articles or narcotics.
- There will be a fifteen- minute time limit to search all eight vehicles.
- There will only be one hide or enticement per vehicle. There will be two outside hides and two inside hides.
- The building search shall consist of a minimum of two rooms with a minimum of two rooms a minimum 1,000 square feet total area.
- There will be four hides concealed one for each of the narcotics.
- Two of the enticement articles will be hidden.
- The narcotic may be hidden at any height with a maximum of six feet high.
- There will be a fifteen- minute time limit to search the two rooms.
- Shall consist of three columns of ten packages each. Packages will be a minimum of three feet apart. Narcotics will be a minimum of nine feet apart.
- Two enticement articles will be hidden in the columns. Four Narcotics will be hidden in the various parcels.
- There will be a ten (10) minute time limit to search the three columns.
Trained by civilian, law enforcement and military personnel to meet the exact specifications required.
We provide the highest quality working dogs to do any job required.
Our testing and dog selection is unmatched
Providing state of the art patrol, detection and tactial training
We Also Provide
- Narcotics/Explosives Detection
- Sport and Personal Protection
- Tracking/Trailing Utilization
- Patrol and Special Operation Utilization
- Bed Bug and Arson Detection
Our certifications of Police Dogs are on a pass/fail basis.
No point will be awarded and competition/awards will be prohibited. The certification will be based on the ability to perform the tasks set forth by the procedures adopted by Bullock's K-9 Training.
If your department requires a points scale we can accommodate that into our training for you.